||Brief on Aswin Narayanan!!
Computer Modeller/ Software Developer with Light Metals Research Centre (LMRC), from September 2011 to Present.
LMRC does technology development and consultancy work for the Aluminium smelting industry. Clients include plants across Europe, China, North America, Middle East and Australasia.
Role: Software Developer & Computer Modeller
Web application development (SaaS) for process control for clients across China and Europe
Tailoring applications for different client requirements and infrastructure
Setting up and configuring Apache and Apache Tomcat web-servers in Linux environment
Building PostgreSQL databases. Securing servers and applications
Designing and developing web-based user interfaces for plant personal
Implementing process control algorithms and automated reporting
Software product development – Gen3 management and control system
Coding process control algorithms in Python
Building PostgreSQL databases. Developing monitoring tools
Finite Element Modelling using ANSYS
Static and dynamic 3-D multi-physics models; includes Thermal-electric, Solid-structural
Models built range from aluminium smelters to diamond manufacturing furnaces
Scripting, data processing, statistical analysis, automating reporting of results
Deploying private cloud server, project management and version control services
- Asia OSS community server from Apr 2011 to Jun 2011
Deploying project management system and documentation
- Auckland Bioengineering Institute during Feb 2011
Constructing high voltage control boxes for artificial muscle devices at the Biomimetics Department
- Securimax Limited during Aug and Sep 2010
Testing and development of new ho e ventilation systems
- Auckland Bioengineering Institute from Dec 2009 to Feb 2010
Modelling of Human Vocal Tract using Finite Element software
Image processing, data analysis, scripting
- CICC Singapore from Oct 2008 to Mar 2009
Developing demo of open source bioinformatics applications in the field of bioinformatics. Creating educational material for teaching Linux Systems for the Asia OSS workshop in Kuala Lumpur
Development and Deployment work on the following:
- Business Reporting using Eclipse BIRT. Experience with Eclipse IDE
- Deploying and configuring Apache and Apache Tomcat web-servers
- PostgreSQL databases. Along with some MS SQL and IngresDB experience.
- Project management systems used include Redmine, Producteev/Jira, dotProject
- Software documentation and git version control experiance
- Experience with Linux and Windows environments
- Statistical Analysis using software tools including Minitab, Matlab and R
- Finite Element Modelling using ANSYS, SIMULIA Abaqus and CMISS/CMGUI
- Building digital circuits with graphical programming using National Instruments LabVIEW
- Implementation of SPC, ODE, PDE, FD, FEM and image processing algorithms
- Programming language experience includes Java, Perl, Python, C, C++, VB, MATLAB, R
Interested in: UI/UX design, mobile application development
- B.E. Hons in Biomedical Engineering from University of Auckland, Mar 2007 to Nov 2010.
- Grade 6 Diploma from New Zealand Carnatic Music Society (NZCMS), July 2015.
- Indian Classical Violinist. Regular performer at concerts.
- Cycling and Rock climbing
- Second Class First Division Honours in B.E. Entrance and Completion through accelerated Pathway.
- 'A' Grade in all A-level Subjects and position on Nonours Board at Cambridge International Examinations A levels at Auckland Grammar School. Awarded with NCEA Bursary scholarship for Calculus and Statistics
Citizen of New Zealand and Overseas Citizen of India.