Summary given below is based on presentations. Actual presentation uses pictures, links to web sites and concrete examples. This is my personal research and views are mine
There is Great Super power with in us. That Super power or Supreme reality is Truth, Knowledge and Infinity
My God is: formless; infinite; neither male nor female; eternal; and beyond space and time. I connect with this absolute reality through prayer. I do not argue about the existence of God and try to prove/disprove related theories, as concept of God is beyond all human knowledge.
God is known Unknown (We know there should be some thing like ultimate reality, but do not know exactly what it is) .
Born Hindu, I also worship the God though forms and symbols.
I believe in worshipping:
1) Devas (natural forces and objects like earth, mountains and rivers; abstract things such as compassion, youthfulness, anger and death; mystical phenomena; and super beings);
2) Rishis (teachers, heroes, great personalities and prophets) ; and
3) pithrus (ancestors).
- Prayer is talking with God, who resides in you. There is no need for any middle person. One can pray any where, any time and in any way convenient to him.
- There is Great Super power with in us and Prayer is a way to communicate with that Super power.
- Many times Prayer solves one’s problems or shows the way to come out of that problem.
- It has been found to offer many, the courage to withstand that problem.
- A prayer full of belief is an antidote to a pain full of sorrow.
- God knows what, when and how to do. One may not get what asked, but certainly will get what needed.
- Happiness and unhappiness; pleasure and pain; well health and ill health; prosperity and poverty; successes and failures; rising and falling; birth and death; and union and separation are all different shades of our life which every life form should accept.
- Objective is not to lead a problem free life, but stress free life.
- Believe - Trust - Have complete faith in God, then all your wounds will heal and pains shall go. But not in time framed by you but in time decided by God.
- Universal God is beyond religion (Do not belong to any race, tribe, location or language)
- Hindus call it Brahman, which is Peace, without old age, Immortal, Fearless and Supreme [சாந்தம் ஆரம் அம்ரிதம் அபயம் பரம்].
- God is Truth, Knowledge and Infinity [ஸத்யம் ஞானம் அநந்தம் ப்ரஹ்மந்]
- It is one without a second [ஏகம்ஏவ அத்வைதம். - தன்னிகரில்லா, ஒப்பில்லா அப்பன்]
- There is nothing with out it and nothing beyond it [அதுயின்றி எதுவுமில்லை - அதுகடந்து எதுவுமில்லை]
- GOD is in everything and Everything is in GOD [அது எங்கும்உள்ளது - எல்லாம்அதில் உள்ளது]
- Like letter a, starting point of alphapet, God is starting point and also basis or ultimate of everything
[அகர முதல எழுத்தெல்லாம் ஆதி பகவன் முதற்றே உலகு]
- God has been defined as the Creator of the universe & the life therein. More than that is beyond human comprehension. God is not a person and much more than person hood. Therefore, it is impossible for a limited mind to understand and analyze non person God.
- Every religion has been shown by its rivals to contain some inconsistency or the other in “We and god” model. All views can be true. Victory depends on who can argue or talk well. Accept whatever theory suits you. Contradictions between religions exist only "non-essentials" since in "essentials" they are all one.
ஒன்றே குலமும் ஒருவனே தேவனும்|
நன்றே நினைமின் நமனில்லை நாணாமே
சென்மே பகுங்கதி யில்லைநுஞ் சித்தத்து |
நின்றே நிலைபெற நீர்நினைந் துய்மினே. - திருமந்திரம்2104
Only One race/community and one God. Think good, not only for you but also for every one. This is the only way for salvation and to eliminate fear of death. Let your mind be filled with good thoughts only.
People who preach universal peace in the name of religion will do well to appreciate the profoundness of this verse and abstain from claiming any inherent superiority of one religion over another. After all, it is better to unite the divided instead of dividing the united Supreme Being !
Mankind ought to be taught that religions are but the varied expressions of Oneness, so that each may choose that path that suits him best. [live and Let Live]
In Hinduism Brahman is believed to be the Absolute Reality. Some groups (advaitist) see Brahman as an impersonal reality, and each soul is a part. Some other theistic traditions consider Brahman as a personal God, Bhagwan or Ishvara (Lord) . All may be valid, as they represent different points of view of looking at the Absolute Reality.
1) Avatars or Manifestations of God in human or other forms are representatives.
2) Many deities represent different aspects of the one God, Brahman. The images are not needed once you can visualize the Absolute Reality. The creator has five functions to do Create lives, support them during life time, destroy live after the expiry time. But two more functions are Hiding (Maya or illusion) and Revelations.
Saints or Rishis
Let us pay respects to all great personalities like Vyasa, Valmiki, Rama, Krishna, Sankara, Ramanuja, Madhwa, Buddha, Tiruvalluvar, Thirumoolar and many more to list. Let us also appreciate other prophets or philosophers from other regions like Jesus, Lao Tsu, Confucius, Socrates, Plato, and Aristotle. They shared what they thought wad right and good for the people who were present during their time. Teachings are customized for location, language and culture.
Let us not get attached to the person but learn from the teachings and their life. This applies to idols and images of anything, because the symbol is not the Truth.
Ignorance of the mass elevate people to be God's. We all have the same ability to communicate with the Creator and we are all just a piece of infinitely large puzzle on the human history
Objecive of religion
The ethical and moral teachings include subject as contemplation, prayer, detachment, faith, love, non-violence, purity, respect for elders and ancestors, self-control, honesty, truth, virtue, work as worship and so on.
ஒன்றாகக் காண்பதே காட்சி; புலன்ஐந்தும்|
வென்றான்தன் வீரமே வீரமாம் - என்றானும்
சாவாமல் கற்பதே கல்வி; தனைப்பிறர் |
ஏவாமல் உண்பதே ஊண்' - [ஔவையார் Avvaiyar]
one's outlook should be to see oneness or as ultimate reality (instead of divisiveness. one who has controlled one's five senses is the real brave person. Education is learning with out mistakes or with perfection. Live with pride or Food is to be obtained with sincere work and dignity not some thing thrown to a slave.
Let peace be in all three realms: surroundings, body and mind OR self, you and everyone [ஓம் ஸாந்தி : ஸாந்தி : ஸாந்தி :]
We did not know anything else except to wish that everyone shall be happy
[எல்லோரும் இன்பூற்றிருக்க நினைப்பதுவே | அல்லாமல் வேறொன்றறியேன் பராபரமே [TayumAnavar]
My favorite Poem:
யாதும் ஊரே, யாவரும் கேளிர்,
தீதும் நன்றும் பிறர்தர வாரா,
நாதலும் தணிதலும் அவற்றோ ரன்ன
சாதலும் புதுவது அன்றே, வாழ்தல்
இனிதுஎன மகிழ்ந்தன்றும் இலமே, முனிவின்
இன்னாது என்றலும் இலமே, பின்னொடு
வானம் தண் துளி தலைஇ ஆனாது
கல் பொருது இரங்கும் மல்லல் பேர்யாற்று
நீர்வழிப் படுஉம் புணைபோல் ஆருயிர்
முறைவழிப் படுஉம் என்பது திறவோர்
காட்சியின் தெளிந்தனம் ஆதலின் மாட்சியின்
பெரியோரை வியத்தலும் இலமே,
சிறியோரை இகழ்தல் அதனினும் இலமே.
[கணியன் பூங்குன்றன் - புற நானூறு]
To us all towns are one, all men our kin,
Life's good comes not from others' gifts, nor ill,
Man's pains and pain's relief are from within,
Death is s no new thing, nor do our blossoms thrill
When joyous life seems like a luscious draught.
When grieved, we patient suffer; for, we deem
This much-praised life of ours a fragile raft
Borne down the waters of some mountain stream
That o'er huge boulders roaring seeks the plain
Tho' storms with lightning's flash from darkened skies.
Descend, the raft goes on as fates ordain.
Thus have we seen in visions of the wise !
We marvel not at the greatness of the great;
Still less despise we men of low estate.
(Translation: G.U.Pope, 1906)