(1) Spirituality is about seeing the nothingness from which we emerge and the infinity in which we are engulfed in.
(2) Spirituality is a search for meaning in life (why we are here? How things come about?)
(3) Spirituality is not practising some rituals, but being good, honest and finally peaceful and accept natural laws like impermanence and action-reaction.
There are no one like spiritual leaders. Just look for wisdom from every where, from ordinary folks—people just like you and me.
- There is no single, widely-agreed definition of spirituality. Spirituality can be a sense of connection to something bigger than ourselves, which can answer all our questions.
- Spiritual seekers always ask "Who are we?". We are not these bodies, the mind, the intellect. We are told that we are Souls and we don’t know about Souls.
- Spirituality is the search for Ultimate Reality;
- Spirituality is to achieve blissful experience (completely happy and contented).
- Science is to find reasoning behind everything and logical belief is the Path to achieve BLISS or Shanthi for common man.
Spirituality: seeking answers
As we grow up in any system (religious, cultural, national or scientific, nihilism) we are told some things. When one starts to analyze, questioning starts. There will be urge to find "underlying truth". Some will accept some one as guru and believe whatever told by that guru. Some may view texts as divine origin, which is beyond questioning.
Some will start searching for answers. When one finds some answer, which in turn leads to another set of questions.
Some will stop some convenient intermediate point, to teach what they have found. They may start organizations to propagate their findings. After them, some will inherit the spiritual enterprise. It may even grow into a big spiritual empire. The empire will survive, as long as there is customers to pay for their product/services. Like in any commercial business, success depends on marketing and ability to attract customers. This is also similar to any scientific/technological product/services.
There will be competition among spiritual organizations, every one trying to prove theirs was the solution. Few will survive and others disappear
Questions-Answers- further questions is an infinte web. One can take many paths along the way. You can stop, at any convenient point and recollect your experiences.
Some with thirst for knowledge, start a new search which leads to further searches and are always busy with their search. Some may not even argue with fellow seekers on who is right or wrong. Some sadhus stay away from the civilization, enjoy their endless search for ultimate truth.
Science - Spirituality
Science is more than facts and patterns. Everything should be explained and proved. You should understand how one fact follows from another and (ideally) you should be able to continue till every thing is explained. But many things are not explained or understood.
Science/technology helps to see the whole picture and to find the shortest ways to solve real world problems. Spirituality can complement Science in understanding Unknowns.
The scientific literature on health-related effects of spiritual experiences is growing. Spiritual beliefs and practices reduce depression, stress and anxiety and provide people a sense of meaning and purpose.
Spirituality is a journey
Spirituality is a journey with no destination. Knowledge is infinite. More you know, you realize more you do not know. Inquisitive will still search, knowing that it can not be known. They are similar to scientists, who are trying to understand nature, till they die.
Spirituality like Life is a journey. Rich/poor, Scholar/Ignorant, ... all end in the same way, understanding nothing, compared to what to be understood. Enjoy the journey with out worrying about the destination. You will not be alive to see the destination.
Everyone has to travel in their unique path. We can only share our experiences.
One who says, "I can not describe God fully or have not understood God", has understood God.
One who is confident to describe God, has not understood God.
See God/Truth/Eternal Reality in your own way
To see God everywhere you must view God as the source of all actions and happenings. You must have faith in divine presence in all the actions you perform.
We can experience God in ordinary circumstances: in a stunning sunrise or a quiet subway ride. We can sense his power in creation and his sovereignty in its order. We can see his uprightness when mercy is shown for the weak and when justice prevails for the wicked.
- Yogis find God meditation
- Vedanthis find God in understanding scriptures/philosophies and contemplation.
- Priests find God in scriptures and chanting divine prayers/slokas
- Artists find God in paintings and sculptures
- Scientists find God in Laws of Nature
- Mathematicians find God in beauty of numbers
- Musicians find God in ragas, talas and ...
- Many find God in serving people ...
- Everyone can find God in their profession or in what one does