Prayer or Pooja: Clickable List
- Click for Universal Prayer
- Click for one hour Group Prayer
- Vinayagar - Knowledge, Remover of Obstacles, Starting point
- Shankara Ramanuja Madhwa Gurus
- Muruga - Youth, Perfection, Beauty
- Siva Universal Father, Auspicious, Life force
- Nataraja - Cosmic Dancer, Rythm or Universe
- Sivayogi Dakshinamurthy Siddhas
- Rudra - Storm, anger, destroyer
- Vishnu - Infinite, Sustainer, Yoganithrae
- Venkatesa - God for kali yuga to remove sins, Srinivasa
- Satyanarayana - Truth, Dharma
- Narasimha - Power/energy
- Rama - Ideal King, Perfect human
- Krishna - Wisdom, Love, Teacher
- Vishnu sahasranama
- Shankaranarayana (Renga Nataraja combined)
- Uma Parvathi - Purity, Austerity
- Durga - Invincible, power, fierceness
- Lakshmi - Wealth, Prosperity
Vara Lakshmi Pooja --- [Roman script ]
- Vani/ Sharada - Knowledge, Music, Education
- Sri Vidya - Sri Chakra
- Lalitha - Perfection, happiness
- Navarathri or Devi or Bagawathi prayer
- Ayyappa - Social reformer, Teacher, Leader
- Brahma - Vedic knowledge, creator
- Dattatreya - Philosopher
- Hanuman - Devotion, Courage
- Navagraha - solar system, astro-nature
- Deepam Jyothi Light Deepavali-Kritika-Vishaka
- Arogya - Health
- Bheej mantras
- Simple Srardham
- Upakarma--- [Roman script]
- Pooja Formalities
- Note on rituals
Poems or Literary Works: Clickable List
- Tiruvempavai Tiruppavai
- Abirami Andhathi
- Songs/Slogas for Temple in trichy
- Saivatrimurai - Kolarupadhigam
- Divya Prabandam etc
Songs: Clickable List
- Vinayagar Songs
- Saneeswara Bhagawan
Hinduism is not just a religion, but collection of many beliefs, rites, ceremonies, customs, traditions and cultures. Hinduism is an Indian way of life based upon teachings of many sages/wise men.|
All sects believe in Universal God or Brahman. Brahman is: formless; infinite; neither male nor female; and eternal. God is beyond space and time, and it is the source of consciousness. The goal of Hinduism is to wake up and realize our connection with the absolute reality Brahman.
Despite having the abstract concept of Brahman, Hindus worship the God in personal forms (deities) every day. Each deity is a manifestation of Brahman and symbolizes one particular aspect of Brahman. Plurality is encouraged.
One can have kuladeivam (family deity), local deity, state deity, and Ishta devada (personal deity).
One understands the Supreme Being through Devas (natural forces and objects like mountains and rivers and super beings); Rishis (teachers, heroes, great personalities and prophets); and pithrus (ancestors).
Tools - Aids:
As practical philosophers, let us not argue about the existence of God and try to prove/disprove related theories. It will lead to nowhere. The concept of Universal law/Creator/Supreme reality are to answer basic questions, why and how we are here. All belief systems started when people started questioning the world and the universe around them. |
There is Great Super power with in us. (நம்மையும் மீறிய சக்தி ஒன்று உண்டு. அதுவும் நமக்குள்ளேயே இருக்கின்றது)
Prayer is a way to communicate with Super power or Supreme reality with in us.
- Many times Prayer solves one’s problems or shows the way to come out of that problem. It has offered many, the courage to withstand that problem.
- Prayer is the easiest way to communicate with infinite power or energy source or THE ULTIMATE of everything
- God knows what, when and how to do.
- One may not get what asked, but certainly will get what needed.
- Objective is not to lead a problem free life, but stress free life. Happiness and unhappiness; pleasure and pain; well health and ill health; prosperity and poverty; successes and failures; rising and falling; birth and death; and union and separation are all different shades of our life which every life form should accept.
- A prayer full of belief is an antidote to a pain full of sorrow.
- Believe - Trust - Have complete faith in God, then all your wounds will heal and pains shall go. But not in time framed by you but in time decided by GOD!
A ritual is a set of actions, performed as per the traditions of a community. In a ritual or ceremony, many people meet. This interconnectedness encourages us to share the truth of our situation and share that experience with others.
Relationship with God is not a business one: We do something for God, so God can do something for us
External rituals are meant to create the internal visualization like offering a coconut into fire is symbolic of surrendering one's head or ego.
Rituals are not universal, but may be similar. The method of performing the rituals slightly varies from region to region. But the essence of the ritual is the same.
God does not need our prayers or rituals, We need them. These activities will help us to build communities.
Gods/Goddesses represent nature or abstract concepts like learning, wealth and so on.
Effective Pooja for Saraswathi is to educate or provide skills to needy to make a living. To make illiterates literate.
Similarly Lakshmi pooja is to generate wealth for every one, so that poverty can be eradicated.